Pantone, the global color authority, has revealed its outlook for home interior color palette trends for 2015. The Pantone View Home + Interiors 2015 forecast features nine key palettes that play off of existing color harmonies and tastes in the design world. Pantone’s executive director Leatrice Eiseman said that the forecast “can validate some pre-conceived color choices, while also giving new color inspiration and direction.”
The nine palettes for 2015 are as follows:
- Style-Setting: Purple plays off of neutral tones like mahogany, off-white, gray, and taupe, as well as shiny hues such as Frosted Almond and Champagne Beige.
- Abstractions: Random color pairings – such as grape and apricot, Red Dahlia, and Vineyard Green – appear to blush from a distance.
- Botanicum: Natural hues such as green, grape, and Café au Lait counterbalance with dusty tones of blue and orchid.
- Zensations: Shades of blue and blue-green offset with red, silver, and gold to create a striking sensation.
- Urban Jungle: Bring the jungle indoors with animal skin tones set against blue-green and yellow-green hues, as well as black and white for balance.
- Tinted Medley: Peach and pink shades are underscored by rose and yellow hues, as well as a rosy-taupe.
- Past Traces: This palette brings “gently worn” shades back to life, and includes colors such as Pastel Parchment, Cameo Green, Faded Denim, and Dusty Cedar.
- Serendipity: Unlikely designs and unexpected colors join together here. Expect to see pairings like orange and Eggshell Blue, Bright Chartreuse and yellow gold, and hot pink and scarlet.
- Spontaneity: Upbeat hues like Sunkist Coral and Marigold are complemented by cooler colors like Kelly Green and floral accents such as Hyacinth or Misty Jade.